REVIVAL BY THE WORLD OF GOD I
Friday February 5th 2016
Memorise: For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Hebrews 4:12
Read: Nehemiah 8:1-10
1 And all the people gathered themselves together as one man into the street that was before the water gate; and they spake unto Ezra the scribe to bring the book of the law of Moses, which the Lord had commanded to Israel.
2. And Ezra the priest brought the law before the congregation both of men and women, and all that could hear with understanding, upon the first day of the seventh month.
3. And he read therein before the street that was before the water gate from the morning until midday, before the men and the women, and those that could understand; and the ears of all the people were attentive unto the book of the law.
4 And Ezra the scribe stood upon a pulpit of wood, which they had made for the purpose; and beside him stood Mattithiah, and Shema, and Anaiah, and Urijah, and Hilkiah, and Maaseiah, on his right hand; and on his left hand, Pedaiah, and Mishael, and Malchiah, and Hashum, and Hashbadana, Zechariah, and Meshullam.
5. And Ezra opened the book in the sight of all the people; (for he was above all the people;) and when he opened it, all the people stood up:
6. And Ezra blessed the Lord, the great God. And all the people answered, Amen, Amen, with lifting up their hands: and they bowed their heads, and worshipped theLord with their faces to the ground.
7. Also Jeshua, and Bani, and Sherebiah, Jamin, Akkub, Shabbethai, Hodijah, Maaseiah, Kelita, Azariah, Jozabad, Hanan, Pelaiah, and the Levites, caused the people to understand the law: and the people stood in their place.
8. So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.
9. And Nehemiah, which is the Tirshatha, and Ezra the priest the scribe, and the Levites that taught the people, said unto all the people, This day is holy unto the Lord your God; mourn not, nor weep. For all the people wept, when they heard the words of the law.
10. Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the Lord is your strength.
Bible in one year: Matthew 26:68-28:20, Job 16:1-17
To have a full understanding of the term “revival by the Word of God”, we need to carefully consider the various interpretations of the Word of God in the view of the Old Testament and the New Testament. In the Old Testament, the Word of God implied both a word about God and a word from God. In effect, the word of God refers to what God says, and at the same time describes God, His essence and attributes. The New Testament on the other hand, presents the Word of God as a person, the second person of the Trinity. Jesus Christ our Lord, who was with the Father from the beginning of creation. The New Testament presents the Word of God as follows:
“For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the prominence.” Colossians 1:16-18
The special ability of the Word of God to revive is based principally on the fact that He is the source of all things in heaven and earth. Since all things were created by Him, the power to revive is embedded in His creative power. God spoke all things into being by the power of His Word. Since the power to create is greater than the power of His Word. Since the power to create is greater than the power to repair, it is well within the power of the Word to repair and revive a corrupted creature at will.
To this end the Bible says the Word of God is living and active, He has the power to quicken and animate anything He chooses. The Word is able to examine and judge those who hear Him; He does not fail, but always accomplishes the set purpose. The Word of God is in fact a weapon of warfare that is able to penetrate and deal with material objects such as joints and marrow, and even the immaterial word such as the soul and spirit.
The passage further confirms that there is no hiding place for any creature before the Word as all things are made bare and completely exposed before Him. Furthermore, the thought and intents of the heart of men are correctly discerned and decoded by the Word of God.
Dearly beloved, I admonish you to stop playing games with God. Ask God for forgiveness, renewal, revival and re-dedication today. He will answer your prayers beyond your wildest dreams. He will revive you by the power of His Word and give you a new beginning of joy, peace, and prosperity. You will also reign with Him in heaven in Jesus’ name.
Father, please revive me by the power in your Word in the mighty Name of Jesus.