Open Heaven 10 March 2022 Memorise: Now Joshua was old and stricken in years; and the Lord said unto him, Thou art old and stricken in years, and there remaineth yet very much land to be possessed. Joshua 13:1
Bible Reading: Joshua 13:1-6 Open Heaven 10 March 2022
1. Now Joshua was old and stricken in years; and the LORD said unto him, Thou art old and stricken in years, and there remaineth yet very much land to be possessed.
2. This is the land that yet remaineth: all the borders of the Philistines, and all Geshuri,
3. From Sihor, which is before Egypt, even unto the borders of Ekron northward, which is counted to the Canaanite: five lords of the Philistines; the Gazathites, and the Ashdothites, the Eshkalonites, the Gittites, and the Ekronites; also the Avites:
4. From the south, all the land of the Canaanites, and Mearah that is beside the Sidonians unto Aphek, to the borders of the Amorites:
5. And the land of the Giblites, and all Lebanon, toward the sunrising, from Baalgad under mount Hermon unto the entering inpto Hamath.
6. All the inhabitants of the hill country from Lebanon unto Misrephothmaim, and all the Sidonians, them will I drive out from before the children of Israel: only divide thou it by lot unto the Israelites for an inheritance, as I have commanded thee.
Open Heaven 10 March 2022
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Joshua 12-14
Message: – Open Heaven 10 March 2022 Thursday Daily Devotional
Yesterday we started to discuss numbering our days and we discovered that there are a lot of lessons in counting our days if we do it properly. Today we shall see one profound example of a person who did not achieve all that God asked him to do within the time given to him – Joshua. When Joshua had grown quite old the Lord gave him his performance scorecard and this is food for thought for all of us today.
Now Joshua was old and stricken in years; and the Lord said unto him, Thou art old and stricken in years, and there remaineth yet very much land to be possessed. – (Joshua 13:1)
This was a divine assessment. This is because the Righteous Judge was the One giving the verdict. To what extent have you achieved those goals you set for yourself when you newly became born again? The Lord reminded Joshua that his days of departure were near and yet, there was much land yet to be possessed.
You may or may not be a pastor, but there are many souls around you yet unsaved. “Oh, I am not called to be an evangelist” you may Say, but read what the Bible is saying to an early Church bishop and now to you today: But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry. – (2 Timothy 4:5)
You were planted in the Body of Christ for a specific assignment and it is taking you a very long time to start, not to talk of accomplishing it. You think you have the whole eternity to perform it? No. I appeal to you to settle down and execute your divinely ordained assignment. It may not be a pulpit assignment, but it is a divine assignment, nevertheless.
That business given to you may be so as to give God a befitting sanctuary in your local assembly, yet even five years running, the building is still at the lintel level, whereas you are multiplying the number of your factories all over the place.
Remember, do the work of the Lord now whilst it is still day because, When the night comes – when you are old and not as strong as you used to be, it would be too late to work (John 9:4).
Key Point: – Open Heaven 10 March 2022
Father, please teach me to evaluate my life and give me wisdom to fulfil my destiny, in Jesus’ name.
Open Heaven 10 March 2022 Thursday Hymn
HYMN: GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS O GOD MY FATHER
1. Great is thy faithfulness, O God my Father;
there is no shadow of turning with thee;
thou changest not, thy compassions, they fail not;
as thou hast been thou forever wilt be.
Refrain: Great is thy faithfulness! Great is thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see:
all I have needed thy hand hath provided
Great is thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!
2. Summer and winter and springtime and harvest,
sun, moon, and stars in their courses above join
with all nature in manifold witness
to thy great faithfulness, mercy, and love.
3. Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth,
thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide,
strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!