Open Heaven 11 April 2022 MEMORIZE: Now Joshua was old and stricken in years; and the LORD said unto him, Thou art old and stricken in years, and there remaineth yet very much land to be possessed. Joshua 13:1
Bible Reading 1 Kings 13:1-25 Open Heaven 11 April 2022
1. And, behold, there came a man of God out of Judah by the word of the LORD unto Bethel: and Jeroboam stood by the altar to burn incense.
2. And he cried against the altar in the word of the LORD, and said, O altar, altar, thus saith the LORD; Behold, a child shall be born unto the house of David, Josiah by name; and upon thee shall he offer the priests of the high places that burn incense upon thee, and men’s bones shall be burnt upon thee.
3. And he gave a sign the same day, saying, This is the sign which the LORD hath spoken; Behold, the altar shall be rent, and the ashes that are upon it shall be poured out.
4. And it came to pass, when king Jeroboam heard the saying of the man of God, which had cried against the altar in Bethel, that he put forth his hand from the altar, saying, Lay hold on him. And his hand, which he put forth against him, dried up, so that he could not pull it in again to him.
5. The altar also was rent, and the ashes poured out from the altar, according to the sign which the man of God had given by the word of the LORD.
6. And the king answered and said unto the man of God, Entreat now the face of the LORD thy God, and pray for me, that my hand may be restored me again. And the man of God besought the LORD, and the king’s hand was restored him again, and became as it was before.
7. And the king said unto the man of God, Come home with me, and refresh thyself, and I will give thee a reward.
8. And the man of God said unto the king, If thou wilt give me half thine house, I will not go in with thee, neither will I eat bread nor drink water in this place:
9. For so was it charged me by the word of the LORD, saying, Eat no bread, nor drink water, nor turn again by the same way that thou camest.
10. So he went another way, and returned not by the way that he came to Bethel.
11. Now there dwelt an old prophet in Bethel; and his sons came and told him all the works that the man of God had done that day in Bethel: the words which he had spoken unto the king, them they told also to their father.
12. And their father said unto them, What way went he? For his sons had seen what way the man of God went, which came from Judah.
13. And he said unto his sons, Saddle me the ass. So they saddled him the ass: and he rode thereon,
14. And went after the man of God, and found him sitting under an oak: and he said unto him, Art thou the man of God that camest from Judah? And he said, I am.
15. Then he said unto him, Come home with me, and eat bread.
16. And he said, I may not return with thee, nor go in with thee: neither will I eat bread nor drink water with thee in this place:
17. For it was said to me by the word of the LORD, Thou shalt eat no bread nor drink water there, nor turn again to go by the way that thou camest.
18. He said unto him, I am a prophet also as thou art; and an angel spake unto me by the word of the LORD, saying, Bring him back with thee into thine house, that he may eat bread and drink water. But he lied unto him.
19. So he went back with him, and did eat bread in his house, and drank water.
20. And it came to pass, as they sat at the table, that the word of the LORD came unto the prophet that brought him back:
21. And he cried unto the man of God that came from Judah, saying, Thus saith the LORD, Forasmuch as thou hast disobeyed the mouth of the LORD, and hast not kept the commandment which the LORD thy God commanded thee,
22. But camest back, and hast eaten bread and drunk water in the place, of the which the Lord did say to thee, Eat no bread, and drink no water; thy carcass shall not come unto the sepulchre of thy fathers.
23. And it came to pass, after he had eaten bread, and after he had drunk, that he saddled for him the ass, to wit, for the prophet whom he had brought back.
24. And when he was gone, a lion met him by the way, and slew him: and his carcass was cast in the way, and the ass stood by it, the lion also stood by the carcass.
25. And, behold, men passed by, and saw the carcass cast in the way, and the lion standing by the carcass: and they came and told it in the city where the old prophet dwelt.
Open Heaven 11 April 2022
Bible Reading In One Year: 1 Kings 5:1-18, 1 Kings 6:1-38, 1 Kings 7:1-51
MESSAGE: – Open Heaven 11 April 2022 Monday Daily Devotional
The problem with many Christians is that they are seated. They think they have arrived, so they rest earlier than they should. I have seen it happen now and again where a man or woman of God is doing so well for the Almighty God and the work of the Lord is prospering in his or her hands, then all of a sudden, the person decides to rest.
No more prayers at night, no more Bible study, no more self-sacrifice. From the story of the young prophet in our Bible reading today, we see that there are many people who God wants to take to the sun, but they get to the moon and relax. The moment a person decides to take a break from serving God and sits to rest, he or she begins to retrogress.
In Psalms 1:1, the Bible says that a Christian doesnt walk in the counsel of the ungodly, stand in the way of sinners nor sit in the seat of the scornful. The Bible goes from walking, to standing, to sitting; that is retrogression. To be seated means you used to be a champion, but now you are irrelevant. In 1 Samuel 10:1, Saul was captain; in 1 Samuel 16:14, he had become irrelevant (he was seated). In Luke 15:11-19, the prodigal son was wealthy, but he rejoiced too soon and things became so bad that he sought to eat with pigs.
When we moved to the Redemption Camp, we had just a few acres of land, then we bought some more and got to about thirty acres. After this, we bought a little more and by the time we got to about a hundred acres, people came to me and said, What do you want to do with all this land?.
The Almighty God woke me up one day and said, What is wrong with you; are they the ones who called you? Are they the ones who brought you here? I got up immediately. Today, the Redemption Camp in Western Nigeria alone is on about 30,000 acres of land and we have only just started. Beloved, STAND UP! Its not yet time to rest. You have not arrived at your destination yet, you have not reached where God is taking you to.
Don’t stop praying, don’t stop working hard, dont stop making sacrifices; God still has a lot in store for you. Instead of Joshua to hear Well done, my son from God at the end of his sojourn on earth, God informed him that there was a lot he had left undone as seen in the memory verse of today. God forbid that this will be the report you get when it is your turn, in Jesus name.
Key Point – Open Heaven 11 April 2022
Don’t relax until you reach the point God wants to take you to.
OPEN HEAVEN 11 APRIL 2022 HYMN
OVERCOMERS NOW ARE WE
1. Conquerors and overcomers now are we,
Thro’ the precious blood of Christ we’ve victory
If the Lord be for us, we can never fail,
Nothing ‘gainst His mighty pow’r can e’er prevail.
Conquerors are we, thro’ the blood, thro’ the blood,
God will give us victory, thro’ the blood, thro’ the blood
Thro’ the Lamb for sinners slain,
Yet who lives and reigns again,
More than conquerors are we,
More than conquerors are we.
2. In the name of Israel’s God we’ll onward press,
Overcoming sin and all unrighteousness;
Not to us, but unto Him the praise shall be,
For salvation and for blood-bought victory.
3. Unto him that overcometh shall be giv’n,
Here to eat of hidden manna sent from heav’n,
Over yonder he the victor’s palm shall bear,
And a robe of white, and golden crown shall wear.