Open Heaven 13 August 2022 MEMORISE: Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols. Revelation 2:20
BIBLE READING: REVELATION 2:18-29 Open Heaven 13 August 2022
18. And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass;
19. I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first.
20. Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.
21. And I in gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.
22. Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.
23. And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.
24. But unto you! say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden.
25. But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.
26. And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
27. And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.
28. And I will give him the morning star.
29. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
Bible In One Year: Isaiah 25:1-12, Isaiah 26:1-21, Isaiah 27:1-13, Isaiah 28:1-29
Open Heaven 13 August 2022
Message: Open Heaven 13 August 2022 Saturday Daily Devotional
Thyatira was a great commercial city with many trade unions and only members of these associations were allowed to sell their goods there. However, these unions occasionally held feasts in the temples of idols and engaged in gross immorality.
For members of the Church to trade, they had to join the unions, thereby partaking in idol worship and immorality. This was a big problem and there was a woman in the Church who capitalised on it to lure them into sin. She called herself a Prophetess so many of them believed whatever she said.
What Jesus had against the Church in Thyatira however was that they kept giving this woman the platform to preach, as we see in our memory verse today. These people knew that she was seducing Gods people into fornication and idolatry, yet they kept allowing her to teach. You must be very careful who you allow to step on the podium in your assembly so that Jesus will not say He is disappointed in you. Clearly, this woman must have been rich and influential. You must never allow children of the devil to teach the children of God, no matter how big their contributions to Church projects are.
Some subtle Jezebels are allowed on altars these days. When the Church brings a professional who is not a true Christian to the altar to teach the people, they have invited Jezebel. The fellow is not going to teach Scriptural principles because he or she does not live by them. Such persons will teach the principles they live by, which are those of the world. Once you put someone in front of the children of God to teach them, somehow, you have told the people that this is a role model worthy enough to listen to and follow.
Whatever field it is that you want your people to learn how to be successful in, find a Christian who has been successful in that area and invite him or her. If you don’t know any Christian who has been successful in that field, groom your people to attain success by yourself with the help of the Holy Spirit. Don’t invite Jezebels to teach the people how to get success from the devil.
PRAYER POINT – Open Heaven 13 August 2022
Be very careful who you allow to mount the altar to teach the people.
Open Heaven 13 August 2022 Saturday Hymn
HYMN: DEEPER, DEEPER IN THE LOVE OF JESUS
1. Deeper, deeper in the love of Jesus
Daily let me go;
Higher, higher in the school of wisdom,
More of grace to know.
O deeper yet I pray,
And higher evry day,
And wiser, blessed, Lord,
In Thy precious, holy Word.
2. Deeper, deeper! blessed Holy Spirit,
Take me deeper still,
Till my life is wholly lost in Jesus,
And His perfect will.
3. Deeper, deeper! tho it cost hard trials,
Deeper let me go!
Rooted in the holy love of Jesus,
Let me fruitful grow.
4. Deeper, higher, evry day in Jesus,
Till all conflict past,
Finds me conquror, and in His own image
Perfected at last.