Open Heaven 13 July 2022 Memorize: Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous: 1 Peter 3:8
Bible Reading: Esther 4:13-16 Open Heaven 13 July 2022
13. Then Mordecai commanded to answer Esther, Think not with thyself that thou shalt escape in the king’s house, more than all the Jews.
14. For if thou altogether holdest thy peace at this time, then shall there enlargement and deliverance arise to the Jews from another place; but thou and thy father’s house shall be destroyed: and who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this?
15. Then Esther bade them return Mordecai this answer,
16. Go, gather together all the Jews that are present in Shushan, and fast ye for me, and neither eat nor drink three days, night or day: I also and my maidens will fast likewise; and so will I go in unto the king, which is not according to the law: and if I perish, I perish.
Open Heaven 13 July 2022
Bible Reading In One Year: Psalms 113:1-9, Psalms 114:1-8, Psalms 115:1-18
MESSAGE – Open Heaven 13 July 2022 Wednesday Daily Devotional
Today is my wife’s birthday and I just want to share some things that women in ministry can learn from her walk with God. One of the most obvious qualities my wife possesses, which has helped her succeed in ministry even as it has greatly impacted my walk with God is her compassionate heart.
If you know anything about love, you know that love gives. Not only does she give substance, she also gives time and affection. She is always willing to spend and be spent for the sake of the sheep (2 Corinthians 12:15).
Many people think that she gives because we have been blessed by God now; what they don’t know is that she has been giving on this same scale even when things were tough for us. There was one day I almost stopped her when she gave our last tuber of yam to someone in need. If you want to succeed in ministry, you must be willing to spend and be spent.
Until God has seen your compassion for the few sheep He has given to you, He will not give you more. For women who are in ministry because their husband is there also, there is a lot to learn too. When the Bible says in Proverbs 31:11 that the heart of the virtuous womans husband safely trusts in her, you need to ask yourself, Can my husband safely trust me with certain parts of his ministry and not be bothered at all? If you are to be his help meet suited to his needs, yet he has to handle everything, then what exactly are you helping him with?.
There are departments in The Redeemed Christian Church of God that I don’t even bother myself about at all and I have never heard a bad report from them in all the years that my wife has been handling them. She handles the children’s ministry, the hospitality unit, feeding of the guests and even feeding of the millions of people who come for our programmes. My heart safely trusts in her and I have never regretted it.
Your wife has a big role to play in how far you will go in ministry. I know I certainly wouldn’t have enjoyed this level of success without my wife by my side. She is a special blessing from God to me. She supports me spiritually too. She prays for me constantly and many times joins me in fasting for 40 days and nights. God bless you, my darling wife. Together, we will finish well, in Jesus name.
Key Point: – Open Heaven 13 July 2022
Please pray for all the women in ministry, that they will do the work of God with compassion for the sheep. Pray for your Pastors wife, that she will be a great blessing to his ministry, in the mighty name of Jesus.
Open Heaven 13 July 2022 Wednesday Hymn
Wednesday Hymn – I’m Pressing On The Upward Way
1. I’m pressing on the upward way,
New heights I’m gaining every day;
Still praying as I onward bound,
“Lord, plant my feet on higher
Lord, lift me up and let me stand,
By faith on heaven’s table-land;
Where love and joy and light abound,
Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.
2. My heart has no desire to stay,
Where doubts arise and fears dismay;
Though some may dwell where
My constant aim is higher ground.
3. Beyond the mist I fain would rise,
To rest beneath unclouded skies,
Above earth’s turmoil peace is found
By those who dwell on higher ground.
4. I long to scale the utmost height,
Though rough the way, and hard the fight,
My song while climbing shall resound
Lord lead me on to higher ground.
5. Lord lead me up the mountain side,
I dare not climb without my Guide;
And heaven gained, I’ll gaze around,
With grateful heart from higher ground.