Open Heaven 14 December 2022 Memorize: And it came to pass from the time that he had made him overseer in his house, and over all that he had, that the LORD blessed the Egyptian’s house for Joseph’s sake; and the blessing of the LORD was upon all that he had in the house, and in the field. Genesis 39:5
Bible Reading: Genesis 39:1-5 Open Heaven 14 December 2022
1. And Joseph was brought down to Egypt; and Potiphar, an officer of Pharaoh, captain of the guard, an Egyptian, bought him of the hands of the Ishmaelites, which had brought him down thither.
2. And the LORD was with Joseph, and he was a prosperous man; and he was in the house of his master the Egyptian.
3. And his master saw that the LORD was with him, and that the LORD made all that he did to prosper in his hand.
4. And Joseph found grace in his sight, and he served him: and he made him overseer over his house, and all that he had he put into his hand.
5. And it came to pass from the time that he had made him overseer in his house, and over all that he had, that the LORD blessed the Egyptian’s house for Joseph’s sake; and the blessing of the LORD was upon all that he had in the house, and in the field.
Open Heaven 14 December 2022
Bible Reading In One Year: Colossians 2:1-23, Colossians 3:1-25, Colossians 4:1-18, 1 Thessalonians 1:1-10, 1 Thessalonians 2:1-20
MESSAGE: – Open Heaven 14 December 2022 Wednesday Daily Devotional
When God really blesses a man, people around him will also feel the impact of that blessing. In Luke 5:4-7 when Peter had a net-breaking catch, he needed his colleagues to help him carry the fish out of the water in their boats because his alone could not contain the haul.
God can prosper your entire family just because of you. The government can establish some policies that will favour your entire neighbourhood just because of you. That is what I call a Contagious Blessing.
In Acts 27:22-44, Apostle Paul happened to be lost at sea in a ship with 276 men. The men panicked because there seemed to be no hope of survival, but because Paul was in that ship, none of them died. In fact, the Bible says that God gave all the people in the ship to Paul; he was in charge of them all, including his captors (Acts 27:24).
Furthermore, the centurion stopped the soldiers from killing all the prisoners in the ship because he wanted to save Paul’s life. Talk about a contagiously blessed man! I know we usually pray at the end of the days discussion, but you should take a minute now and pray, saying, Father, please let me associate with people whose blessings will rub off on me, in Jesus name.
The Bible reading for today tells the story of Joseph as a slave in Potiphar’s house. The Bible says that though he was a slave, Potiphar prospered because Joseph worked in his house. Your company will prosper because of you, in Jesus name. lt is easy to recognize a contagiously blessed fellow in any organisation because the moment the person starts to work there, profits will increase.
Somehow, sales will improve and money will overflow. If the blessed one is a business person, everyone will want to partner with him or her because they know that doing so would result in great success. I pray for you again from the depth of my heart: you will be contagiously blessed. Your nation will become the largest exporter of whatever you sell because of you, in Jesus name. Your entire family and lineage will never know poverty again because of you, in Jesus name.
Prayer Point – Open Heaven 14 December 2022
Father, I don’t just want to be blessed, I want my blessing to be contagious to everyone associated with me, in Jesus name.
Open Heaven 14 December 2022 Wednesday Hymn
Hymn: O GOD OUR HELP IN AGES PAST
1. O God, our help in ages past,
our hope for years to come,
our shelter from the stormy blast,
and our eternal home;
2. Under the shadow of Thy throne
Thy saints have dwelt secure.
Sufficient is Thine arm alone,
and our defence is sure.
3. Before the hills in order stood,
or earth received her frame,
from everlasting Thou art God,
to endless years the same.
4. A thousand ages in Thy sight
are like an evening gone,
short as the watch that ends the
before the rising sun.
5. Time, like an ever-rolling stream,
bears all its sons away.
They fly forgotten, as a dream
dies at the opening day.
6. O God, our help in ages past,
our hope for years to come,
be Thou our guard while troubles last,
and our eternal home.