Open Heaven 20 April 2022 MEMORIZE: For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is not with thee. Proverbs 23:7
BIBLE READING: LUKE 7:36-40
36. And one of the Pharisees desired him that he would eat with him. And he went into the Pharisee’s house, and sat down to meat.
37. And, behold, a woman in the city, which was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat at meat in the Pharisee’s house, brought an alabaster box of ointment,
38. And stood at his feet behind him weeping, and began to wash his feet with tears, and did wipe them with the hairs of her head, and kissed his feet, and anointed them with the ointment.
39. Now when the Pharisee which had bidden him saw it, he spake within himself, saying, This man, if he were a prophet, would have known who and what manner of woman this is that toucheth him: for she is a sinner.
40. And Jesus answering said unto him, Simon, I have somewhat to say unto thee. And he saith, Master, say on.
Open Heaven 20 April 2022
Bible Reading In One Year: 2 Kings 8:1-29, 2 Kings 9:1-37, 2 Kings 10:1-36
MESSAGE: – Open Heaven 20 April 2022 Wednesday Daily Devotional
In the Bible reading for today, a Pharisee invited Jesus to his house to eat. It would be correct to conclude that this Pharisee was a firm believer in Jesus as the true Son of God, but that was not true. Of all the people in the house that day, it was this Pharisee the host, who thought in his heart that Jesus was not a true prophet when the woman with the alabaster box washed His feet. This shows that the Pharisee was not really a firm believer in Jesus in the first place, yet he acted like one.
To make matters worse, after the Pharisee had concluded in his heart that Jesus was not really sent of God, Jesus called him and he responded, Master. What a hypocrite! On the outside, he called Jesus Master, but on the inside, he said, This man is not a man of God.
I am certain that you have one or two people like this Pharisee around you. I pray that the Almighty God will reveal them to you, in Jesus name. Thank God Jesus was very discerning, He knew straightaway what the Pharisee was thinking. Many people have become victims of their enemies because they thought they were their friends. May that not be your portion, in Jesus name. Be careful of the people who call themselves your friends.
It doesn’t matter how nice they seem to you, not every victory is celebrated publicly, because the celebration could fuel their hatred for you even more and lead to them planning an attack against you. If you don’t believe me, ask Joseph.
Joseph was always quick to tell his brothers his great dreams. He thought that since they were his brothers, then they would be happy for him, but he was wrong. Yes, it is important that you share testimonies about Gods goodness to you but you must seek divine wisdom to know what to share and when to share it as not everyone will be happy for you.
You must also always keep certain secrets to yourself, especially when other peoples knowledge of those secrets can greatly affect your life and destiny. Samson thought Delilah was his friend. She seemed to genuinely be in love with him, and he felt relaxed around her.
He told her the secret of his power and this led to his destruction as she revealed it to his enemies (Judges 16:18-21). Some of the people who profess great love for you may actually be friends with your enemies; don’t share your secrets with them!
Key Point: – Open Heaven 20 April 2022
Not everyone who calls you friend is really your friend.
Open Heaven 20 April 2022 Wednesday Hymn
Hold The Fort
1. Ho, my comrades, see the signal
Waving in the sky!
Reinforcements now appearing
Victory is nigh.
“Hold the fort, for I am coming,”
Jesus signals still;
Wave the answer back to Heaven,
“By Thy grace we will.
2. See the mighty host advancing
Satan leading on;
Mighty ones around us falling
Courage almost gone!
3. See the glorious banner waving!
Hear the trumpet blow!
In our Leader’s Name we triumph
Over every foe.
4. Fierce and long the battle rages
But our help is near;
Onward comes our great Commander
Cheer, my comrades, cheer!