Open Heaven 22 October 2022 MEMORISE: But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day. Deuteronomy 8:18
READ: DEUTERONOMY 8:11-18 Open Heaven 22 October 2022
11. Beware that thou forget not the LORD thy God, in not keeping his commandments, and his judgments, and his statutes, which I command thee this day:
12. Lest when thou hast eaten and art full, and hast built goodly houses, and dwelt therein;
13. And when thy herds and thy flocks multiply, and thy silver and thy gold is multiplied, and all that thou hast is multiplied;
14. Then thine heart be lifted up, and thou forget the LORD thy God, which brought thee forth out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage;
15. Who led thee through that great and terrible wilderness, wherein were flery serpents, and scorpions, and drought, where there was no water; who brought thee forth water out of the rock of flint;
16. Who fed thee in the wilderness with manna, which thy fathers knew not, that he might humble thee, and that he might prove thee, to do thee good at thy latter end;
17, And thou say in thine heart, My power and the might of mine hand hath gotten me this wealth.
18. But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day.
Open Heaven 22 October 2022
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 CHRONICLES 26:1-32, 1 CHRONICLES 27:1-34, 1 CHRONICLES 28:1-21, 1 CHRONICLES 29:1-30
MESSAGE: – Open Heaven 22 October 2022 Saturday Daily Devotional
There are abundant blessings in the Kingdom of God. It, therefore, means that it is a wise decision to seek His Kingdom in perfect obedience to the word of God (Matthew 6:33).
Deuteronomy 8:18 says: “But thou shalt remember the Lord thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day”.
Many people think that a life of holiness is one of poverty. This is a lie of the devil and unfortunately, he has succeeded in making many people believe that unless they serve him, they cannot be successful in life. Interestingly, he also tried to deceive the Lord Jesus Christ with this same lie, but the Lord defeated him (Luke 4:5-7).
2 Corinthians 8:9 says: “For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes, he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.”
Beloved, there are abundant blessings in our Lord Jesus Christ – I am a living testimony of this. For example, before I gave my life to Christ, I used to borrow money from my own driver to fuel my car two weeks into the new month. It was after I gave my life to Christ that I began to know the true meaning of prosperity. The Psalmist says that unless the Lord builds the house, the builders only labour in vain (Psalms 127:1).
Apostle Paul corroborates this in 1 Corinthians 3:6-7 by saying I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. So then neither is he that planteth anything, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.
One of my children-in-the-Lord trusted in his ability to work hard so he made a habit of always working overtime. However, he still could not make ends meet in spite of being a child of God. His situation later changed positively when he realised that God has to bless the work of our hands for us to be truly successful.
It is only God who blesses without adding sorrow (Proverbs 10:22). Seek Him genuinely today and He will give you the power to get wealth with no sorrow in it.
Prayer Points: – Open Heaven 22 October 2022
Thank You, Lord, for giving me the power to get wealth. I declare that I am blessed of the Lord, in Jesus name.
Open Heaven 22 October 2022 Saturday Hymn
HYMN: THERE SHALL BE SHOWERS OF BLESSING
1. There shall be showers of blessing:
This is the promise of love;
There shall be season refreshing,
Sent from the Saviour above.
Showers of blessing,
Showers of blessing we need;
Mercy drops round us are falling,
But for the showers we plead.
2. There shall be showers of blessing:
Precious reviving again;
Over the hills and the valleys,
Sound of abundance of rain.
3. There shall be showers of blessing;
Send them upon us, Oh Lord!
Grant to us now a refreshing;
Come and now honour Thy Word.
4. There shall be showers of blessing;
Oh, that today they might fall,
Now, as to God, we’re confessing,
Now as on Jesus we call!
5. There shall be showers of blessing,
If we but trust and obey;
There shall be seasons refreshing,
If we let God have His way.