Open Heaven 25 December 2021 MEMORISE:- She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more. John 8:11
READ: John 8:1-11 Open Heaven 25 December 2021
1. Jesus went unto the mount of Olives.
2. And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them.
3. And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,
4. They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
5. Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
6. This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.
7. So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
8. And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.
9. And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.
10. When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
11. She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.
Open Heaven 25 December 2021
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Jeremiah 47:1-7, Jeremiah 48:1-47, Jeremiah 49:1-39, Jeremiah 50:1-46, Jeremiah 51:1-64, Jeremiah 52:1-34
MESSAGE: – Open Heaven 25 December 2021 Saturday Daily Devotional
Grace, from the Christian point of view is popularly described as unmerited favour. This is because literally, it is kindness of the highest order, and it comes from no other person but the Almighty God.
Noah is a typical example of someone who enjoyed grace, having been spared during the flood, according to Genesis 6:7-8: “And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them. But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.”
Another instance of grace in action is the story of the woman caught in adultery. Just as she was about to lose her life for this act of sexual immorality, grace delivered her (John 8:1-11).
The woman was fortunate to have been dragged to the Saviour – Jesus Christ. He said in John 11:25-26 “.. I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die…”
In the course of the trial of this woman in the court of Jesus Christ, grace spoke for her and the Lord asked: “Woman, where are those thine accusers? Hath no man condemned thee? No man, Lord, the woman replied and Jesus said: …Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more…” “John 8:10-11”
Jesus says further in John 8:12 :.. I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. This is grace in action.
The Lord Jesus Christ came to this earth to die for your sins. Remember, even the penitent thief crucified alongside Jesus Christ also experienced grace; Christ promised to see him in Paradise that same day of the crucifixion (Luke 23:39-43). This is the wonder of the cross grace.
Beloved, you can be a partaker of this grace also, no matter what your current situation is. Even if you are reading this devotional in the prison and have been condemned by the government of your land, do what that thief did: acknowledge your sins, repent of them, accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour. As we celebrate the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ today, rest assured that God’s grace is more than enough for you. Hallelujah!
Prayer Point: – Open Heaven 25 December 2021
Father, forgive me all my past misdeeds. Please Lord, give me another chance to live for You, in the mighty name of Jesus.
Open Heaven 25 December 2021 Hymn
HYMN: AMAZING GRACE! HOW SWEET THE SOUND
1. Amazing Grace! How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found
Was blind, but now I see.
2. ‘Twas Grace that taught my heart to fear,
And Grace my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.
3. Through many dangers, toils, and snares
I have already come.
‘Tis Grace hath brought me safe thus far
And Grace will lead us home
4. The Lord has promised good to me.
His Word my hope secures.
He will my shield and portion be
As long as life endures.