Open Heaven 26 August 2022 Memorize: And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Philippians 2:11
Bible Reading: Revelation 5:8-13 Open Heaven 26 August 2022
8. And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.
9. And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;
10. And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.
11. And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;
12. Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.
13. And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.
Open Heaven 26 August 2022
Bible Reading In One Year: Jeremiah 13:1-27, Jeremiah 14:1-22, Jeremiah 15:1-21, Jeremiah 16:1-21
MESSAGE: – Open Heaven 26 August 2022 Friday Daily Devotional
All the creations of God call Him Lord. The birds sing His praises, the trees clap their hands to praise Him, the seas roar His praises, the mountains skip at His presence, and even the sun and moon speak of His majesty. In Mark 4:39, Jesus simply issued a command for there to be peace and the storm ceased immediately. Everyone present there marveled and wondered what kind of man He was that even the seas obeyed Him. He however, has one creation that proves stubborn sometimes humans.
Many people, even with all that they can see and have heard of Him still don’t acknowledge Him as Lord. When I was a lecturer in the University, my seniors, people with tremendous academic achievements, were divided into categories whenever I was talking to them about Jesus. One category would say, God is dead, another No, He is not dead. It may be true that He created the world because, from the little we see in science, it requires great intelligence to put the entire world together; but at the end of the day, He discovered that what He created was too big for Him and He has lost control.
The category of people who would want to be generous would then say, Well, whether He is dead or not, I don’t know. Whether He has lost control or not, I don’t know. One thing I know is that He is in Heaven minding His business and I am here on earth minding my own.
Philippians 2:10-11 says: “That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.”
If you refuse to call Him Lord when you are at peace, you will be forced to call Him Lord when you are in trouble. Those who don’t make Him the Lord of their life early enough will have to kneel and confess that He is Lord after the rapture when they are either left behind on earth or in hell underneath the earth. If you continue to reject His Lordship now because you want to live as you please, you will still call Him Lord from hell later. The choice is yours.
PRAYER POINT – Open Heavens 26 August 2022
Father, I call you my Lord today and I promise to live my life according to Your word, now and always.
OPEN HEAVEN 26 AUGUST 2022 FRIDAY HYMN
HYMN 2: Conquerors And Overcomes Now Are We
1 Conquerors and overcomers now are we,
Thro’ the precious blood of Christ we’ve victory,
If the Lord be for us, we can never fail;
Nothing ‘gainst his mighty pow’r can e’er prevail.
Conquerors are we, thro’ the blood, thro’ the blood;
God will give us victory, thro’ the blood, thro’ the blood,
Thro’ the Lamb for sinners slain,
Yet who lives and reigns again,
More than conquerors are we,
More than conquerors are we.
2 In the name of Israel’s God we’ll onward press,
Overcoming sin and all unrighteousness;
Not to us, but unto him the praise shall be,
For salvation and for blood-bought victory.
3 Unto him that overcometh shall be giv’n
Here to eat of hidden manna sent from heav’n;
Over yonder he the victor’s palm shall bear,
And a robe of white, and golden crown shall wear.