Open Heaven 27 September 2021 MEMORISE: And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.” Genesis 5:24
READ: Deuteronomy 5:30-33 Open Heaven 27 September 2021
30. Go say to them, Get you into your tents again.
31. But as for thee, stand thou here by me, and I will speak unto thee all the commandments, and the statutes, and the judgments, which thou shalt teach them, that they may do them in the land which I give them to possess it.
32. Ye shall observe to do therefore as the LORD your God hath commanded you; ye shall not turn aside to the right hand or to the left.
33. Ye shall walk in all the ways which the LORD your God hath commanded you, that ye may live, and that it may be well with you, and that ye may prolong your days in the land which ye shall possess.
Open Heaven 27 September 2021
Bible In One Year: Proverbs 25
Message: – Open Heaven 27 September 2021 Monday Daily Devotional
Walking with God is highly rewarding when we are ready to pay the price. Walking with God requires perfect obedience to His word. Failure to do this brought calamity upon humanity in the garden of Eden. The Bible in Genesis 2:16-17 says: And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
The first man and the first woman did not keep to these terms. This is exactly what is still happening today. People find it difficult to live by the letter of the Holy Bible, claiming it is old-fashioned. The question is: What did God say concerning His word and the latter days? Matthew 5:28-29 says: For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
Beloved, walking with God requires your obedience in all the ways which the Lord has commanded us to. Obedience to God’s commandments is vital to the peace and prosperity of His children. This is why Deuteronomy 5:33 says ”Ye shall walk in all the ways which the LORD your God hath commanded you, that ye may live, and that it may be well with you, and that ye may prolong your days in the land which ye shall possess”.
Furthermore, Hebrews 13:8 says “Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and forever”. Beloved, do not believe those who say that any aspect of the laws and commandments of God is obsolete in this 21st century. If you want to enjoy the wonderful benefits of walking with God in this world so that your eternity with God will be guaranteed, then you must do everything in your power to be obedient to all the commandments that Jesus teaches in the Bible.
Prayer Point: – Open Heaven 27 September 2021
Father, please help me to be able to walk with You in perfect obedience to Your word, in the mighty name of Jesus.
Open Heaven 27 September 2021 Monday Hymn
HYMN: WHAT A FRIEND WE HAVE IN JESUS
1. What a friend we have in Jesus,
All our sins and griefs to bear;
What a privilege to carry
Everything to God in prayer!
2. Oh, what peace we often forfeit,
Oh, what needless pain we bear;
All because we do not carry
Ev’rything to God in prayer.
3. Have we trials and temptations?
Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged,
Take it to the Lord in Prayer!
4. Can we find a friend so faithful,
Who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our ev’ry weakness,
Take it to the Lord in prayer.
5. Are we weak and heavy laden,
Cumbered with a load of care?
Precious Saviour, still our refuge,
Take it to the Lord in prayer!
6. Do thy friends despise, forsake thee?
Take it to the Lord in prayer.
In His arms He’ll take and shield thee,
Thou wilt find a solace there.