Open Heaven 28 December 2022 Memorize: And David comforted Bathsheba his wife, and went in unto her, and lay with her: and she bare a son, and he called his name Solomon: and the LORD loved him. 2 Samuel 12:24
BIBLE READING: 2 CHRONICLES 1:6-15 Open Heaven 28 December 2022
6. And Solomon went up thither to the brazen altar before the LORD, which was at the tabernacle of the congregation, and offered a thousand burnt offerings upon it.
7. In that night did God appear unto Solomon, and said unto him, Ask what I shall give thee.
8. And Solomon said unto God, Thou hast showed great mercy unto David my father, and hast made me to reign in his stead.
9. Now, O LORD God, let thy promise unto David my father be established: for thou hast made me king over a people like the dust of the earth in multitude.
10. Give me now wisdom and knowledge, that I may go out and come in before this people: for who can judge this thy people, that is so great?
11, And God said to Solomon, Because this was in thine heart, and thou hast not asked riches, wealth, or honor, nor the life of thine enemies, neither yet hast asked long life; but hast asked wisdom and knowledge for thyself, that thou mayest judge my people, over whom I have made thee king:
12. Wisdom and knowledge is granted unto thee; and I will give thee riches, and wealth, and honor, such as none of the kings have had that have been before thee, neither shall there any after thee have the like.
13. Then Solomon came from his journey to the high place that was at Gibeon to Jerusalem, from before the tabernacle of the congregation, and reigned over Israel.
14. And Solomon gathered chariots and horsemen: and he had a thousand and four hundred chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen, which he placed in the chariot cities, and with the king at Jerusalem.
15. And the king made silver and gold at Jerusalem as plenteous as stones, and cedar trees made he as the sycamore trees that are in the vale for abundance.
Open Heaven 28 December 2022
Bible Reading In One Year: Revelation 5:1-14, Revelation 6:1-17, Revelation 7:1-17, Revelation 8:1-13, Revelation 9:1-21
MESSAGE: – Open Heaven 28 December 2022 Wednesday Daily Devotional
The divine love of God makes Him set a person up for uncommon miracles. Solomon offered a thousand burnt offerings in one day; this moved God to ask him for what he wanted and he said, Give me wisdom. God responded to his request by saying, I will give you wisdom and add every other thing you didn’t ask for. I spent some time studying Solomon because of his wisdom and prosperity.
I had to ask myself This was a young man who knew he was not wise, because that must have been why he asked for wisdom; how come he thought of giving God a thousand burnt offerings? I then got a revelation from the Lord it was a divine set-up.
It is God who inspired Solomon to do something nobody had ever done before so that He, in turn, could do for him what He had never done for anyone before. In 2 Samuel 12:24-25, the Bible says that when Solomon was born, God Himself called him Jedidiah, meaning Beloved of the Lord. When God loves you, from time to time, He will set you up for an uncommon miracle. He will inspire you to do something that will sound stupid to everybody else so that He can give you what nobody else can get.
One day, when my Father-in-the-Lord was still alive, he told all the Church workers that there was an urgent need in the Church that had to be met early that week, so he asked us all to go and close our accounts, then bring all the money to the Church.
My wife and I went to the bank the next day, closed our accounts, then brought the money to Church. The next Sunday, my Father-in-the Lord announced to all workers that the need had been met, then asked Wait a minute; how many of you closed your accounts? Only my wife and I raised our hands.
When I realised that we were the only ones who closed our accounts, I started to think, I hope I have not added madness to my own Christianity? Just then I heard the Lord speak to me, Son, you are not mad, I have made you do something that nobody else will do, so that when I take you to where I am taking you to, nobody can complain. Is the Lord inspiring you to do something seemingly crazy for Him? Do it so that you don’t miss the opportunity to get an uncommon miracle.
Prayer Point: – Open Heaven 28 December 2022
Father, when You set me up for an uncommon miracle, please Lord, don’t let me fail.
Open Heaven 28 December 2022 Wednesday Hymn
HYMN 28: When We Walk With The Lord
1 When we walk with the Lord
in the light of his word,
what a glory he sheds on our way!
While we do his good will,
he abides with us still,
and with all who will trust and obey.
Trust and obey, for there’s no other way
to be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.
2 Not a burden we bear,
not a sorrow we share,
but our toil he doth richly repay;
not a grief or a loss,
not a frown or a cross,
but is blest if we trust and obey.
3 But we never can prove
the delights of his love
until all on the altar we lay;
for the favor he shows,
for the joy he bestows,
are for them who will trust and obey.
4 Then in fellowship sweet
we will sit at his feet,
or we’ll walk by his side in the way;
what he says we will do,
where he sends we will go;
never fear, only trust and obey.