Open Heaven 28 October 2022 Memorize: And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. Revelation 22:12
Bible Reading: Revelation 22:6-21 Open Heaven 28 October 2022
6. And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done.
7. Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.
8. And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things.
9. Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.
10. And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.
11. He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
12. And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
13. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
14. Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
15. For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
16. I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
17. And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
18. For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
19. And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
20. He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.
21. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.
Open Heaven 28 October 2022
Bible Reading In One Year: Luke 4:1-44, Luke 5:1-39, Luke 6:1-49
MESSAGE: – Open Heaven 28 October 2022 Friday Daily Devotional
So many people are sleeping and making compromises everywhere they turn. It is almost impossible to find people who are really expecting the return of Jesus Christ. We must be careful not to be so carried away with prosperity and abundance that we forget there is a home for us beyond this earth.
If we would not miss that heavenly home, we must trim our lamps and get ourselves ready, because if Jesus says He will return, then He will certainly return. Everyone should seriously give thought to where he or she will be when the rapture happens or when the Lord says it is time to leave the earth.
I remember that during a conference for Pentecostal Pastors in Nigeria long ago, a man of God who was much younger than I came to preach. The young man preached vehemently about the Kingdom of God, hell, the lake of fire, and the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ.
He dissected the word of God about this matter so much that we were all glued to our seats. You can imagine the absolute silence in the hall that day. By the time he was through with his sermon, we were all sober. As the leader of the meeting, I was supposed to round off and as I mounted the podium I said, ‘Jesus is truly coming soon, but when a man dies before Jesus returns, his own Jesus has come then.” That was all I said.
I travelled and returned two weeks later to learn that the young man of God who had preached that very serious sermon had died. His Jesus had come. My beloved, you should not joke about this matter, because it is an issue of eternal life or death.
The choice a person makes here on earth will determine where the fellow will spend his or her eternity and I can tell you that eternity is such a long time. The Bible says in Hebrews 9:27 “And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment.”
If you don’t believe me, at least believe the Bible. As soon as a fellow dies, he will face judgement before God. If death is inevitable for all of us, then we must be careful how we live our lives. Behold, Jesus is coming for His bride the saints. You must be prepared to meet the Bridegroom so you are not left behind.
Prayer Point – Open Heaven 28 October 2022
Father, when You come to collect Your people, please do not let me be left behind in Jesus name.
Open Heaven 28 October 2022 Hymn
HOLD IN THE STORMS OF LIFE
1. Will your anchor hold in the storms of life
When the clouds unfold their wings of strife?
When the strong tides lift, and the cables strain,
Will your anchor drift, or firm remain?
We have an anchor that keeps the soul
Steadfast and sure while the billows roll;
Fastened to the Rock which cannot move,
Grounded firm and deep in the Saviour’s love!
2. It is safely moored, ‘twill the storm withstand,
For ’tis well secured by the Saviour’s hand,
And the cables, passed from His heart to mine,
Can defy the blast through strength divine.
3. It will firmly hold in the straits of fear,
When the breakers have told the reef is near; Though the tempest rage and the wild winds blow,
Not an angry wave shall our bark o’erflow.
4. It will surely hold in the flood of death,
When the waters cold, chill our latest breath,
On the rising tide it can never fail, While our hopes abide within the veil!
5. When our eyes behold, through the gathering night
The city of gold, our harbour bright,
We shall anchor fast by the heavenly shore,
With the storms all past for evermore.