Open Heaven 29 July 2022 MEMORISE:And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint; Luke 18:1
BIBLE READING: LUKE 18:1-8 Open Heaven 29 July 2022
1. And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;
2. Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man:
3. And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary.
4. And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man;
5. Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.
6. And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge saith.
7. And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?
8. I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?
Open Heaven 29 July 2022
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: PROVERBS 12:1-28, PROVERBS 13:1-25
Message: Open Heaven 29 July 2022 Friday Daily Devotional
The wicked judge never respected anyone. He never deferred to anyone. However, as this poor widow troubled him relentlessly with her cry for justice, we see that the judge who was wicked had to respond to her so that she could let him rest.
Many children of God give up on their prayers before God responds to them. If that woman had stopped knocking just at the point at which the judge was deciding to grant her request, she would not have had justice.
Many Christians were only one more prayer away when they gave up and lost their miracle. Sometimes you pray once and God will answer immediately, but at other times, you need to keep pressing in the spirit for your answer to come.
If you stop pressing at some point, the answer may not come. That is why the concluding part of John 16:24 says: “ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.”
I know that sometimes God wants you to keep praying, not because He doesn’t want to answer, but because there is something He wants to perfect in you and that thing can only be completed when you press deeper into the spirit.
“Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.” James 1:3-4
I can tell you for sure: if God had answered all my prayers the very first time I asked, I would not be as deeply involved with Him as I am today.
Prayer is more a blessing for us, than it is for God. You must always remember that prayer does not change who God is, prayer changes you. The more you pray and commit to prayer, the more strengthened you become as a Christian.
There may be things you want God to do for you; even if those things are yet to come, don’t ever give up praying. God is not reluctant to give you what you asked for, but with your constant prayer in faith, you are building a cloud of blessings that will soon break out upon you.
Until that cloud breaks, don’t stop praying. Until your joy is full, don’t stop knocking on heavens door. Keep pressing in the spirit until your answer comes.
PRAYER POINT – Open Heaven 29 July 2022 Friday
What are those things you have stopped praying for now simply because the answer didn’t come? List them out now and begin to include them in your daily prayers again.