Open Heaven 4 September 2022 Memorize: And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. Romans 12:2
Bible Reading: 1 Corinthians 2:11-16 Open Heaven 4 September 2022
11. For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? Even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
12. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man’s wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
15. But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
16. For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.
Open Heaven 4 September 2022
Bible Reading In One Year: Jeremiah 46:1-28, Jeremiah 47:1-7, Jeremiah 48:1-47
MESSAGE: – Open Heaven 4 September 2022 Sunday Daily Devotional
Many people, in their bid to get to the top and be accepted by others, like to jump on trends which only keep them at the bottom. The only people who get to the top are those who do not yield to the pressure to be like everyone else but create a path for others to follow.
These people are always true to themselves. Many people have lost their personal identity in Christ and the real purpose of God for their lives because they are trying to be like everyone else. I have listened to many preachers I admire a lot.
I admire how they deliver their sermons. I admire them, I like them, but I don’t copy them. Rather, I do it the way the Lord has taught me to. While the word is being preached, the sick are getting healed, the barren are made fruitful, captives of the devil are set free and many souls are saved.
I am simply doing what God asked me to and He is helping me. That is how to get to the top. Psalms 121:1 says, I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. If you want Gods help, then your eyes must be fixed on Him, not what is trending.
Jesus said in John 5:19 “Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.”
The fellow who wants to be accepted by everybody will not focus on what is important. Instead, his mind will be distracted by peoples perceptions. In my own field of practice, what is most important is intimacy with God.
People come to me not because they like my face or for the fact that I studied Mathematics. It is because they know that I am close to the Lord and so if they want to hear from Him, I will tell them directly the mind of God.
They are confident that if I ask God for something on their behalf, He would listen. Several years ago, when many ministers of God were wearing big flowing robes and I continued with my little French suits, people called me names, but I wasn’t bothered.
You cannot be like everybody else and become a role model. A role model is someone who others copy, not someone who copies others. Don’t copy the ways of the world; copy Christ and the world will come and copy you.
Key Point – Open Heavens 4 September 2022
Don’t be afraid to be different from everybody else as long as you are obeying and copying Christ.
Open Heaven 4 September 2022 Sunday Hymn
Will Your Anchor Hold In The Storms Of Life
1. Will your anchor hold in the storms of life
When the clouds unfold their wings of strife?
When the strong tides lift, and the cables strain,
Will your anchor drift, or firm remain?
We have an anchor that keeps the soul
Steadfast and sure while the billows roll;
Fastened to the Rock which cannot move,
Grounded firm and deep in the Saviour’s love!
2. It is safely moored, ’twill the storm withstand,
For ’tis well secured by the Saviour’s hand,
And the cables, passed from His heart to mine,
Can defy the blast through strength divine.
3. It will firmly hold in the straits of fear,
When the breakers have told the reef is near;
Though the tempest rage and the wild winds blow,
Not an angry wave shall our bark o’erflow.
4. It will surely hold in the flood of death,
When the waters cold, chill our latest breath,
On the rising tide it can never fail,
While our hopes abide within the veil!
5. When our eyes behold, through the gathering night
The city of gold, our harbour bright,
We shall anchor fast by the heavenly shore,
With the storms all past for evermore.