Open Heaven 6 December 2021 MEMORISE: The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Psalms 27:1
READ: 1st Samuel 17:45-50 Open Heaven 6 December 2021
45. Then said David to the Philistine, Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied.
46. This day will the LORD deliver thee into mine hand; and I will smite thee, and take thine head from thee; and I will give the carcasses of the host of the Philistines this day unto the fowls of the air, and to the wild beasts of the earth; that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel.
47. And all this assembly shall know that the LORD saveth not with sword and spear: for the battle is the LORD’s, and he will give you into our hands.
48. And it came to pass, when the Philistine arose, and came, and drew nigh to meet David, that David hastened, and ran toward the army to meet the Philistine.
49. And David put his hand in his bag, and took thence a stone, and slang it, and smote the Philistine in his forehead, that the stone sunk into his forehead; and he fell upon his face to the earth.
50. So David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and with a stone, and smote the Philistine, and slew him; but there was no sword in the hand of David.
Open Heaven 6 December 2021
Bible In One Year: Isaiah 7:1-25, Isaiah 8:1-22, Isaiah 9:1-21, Isaiah 10:1-34, Isaiah 11:1-16
MESSAGE: – Open Heaven 6 December 2021 Monday Daily Devotional
We have an enemy the devil, who is more dangerous than the likes of Goliath; however, the good news is that we also have Jehovah Nissi (the Lord our Banner) who would always give His children victory. The Bible says that the devil, as a roaring lion walks about, seeking whom he may devour (1 Peter 5:8). This was exactly what Goliath did. He roared at the children of Israel and they trembled before him.
The children of Israel however, overcame their enemy through David God anointed. The enemy came, cursing David by the name of his gods and David countered him by declaring the Almightiness of Jehovah Nissi.
“This day will the Lord deliver thee into mine hand, and I will smite thee, and take thine head from thee; and I will give the carcases of the host of the Philistines this day unto the fowls of the air, and to the wild beasts of the earth; that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel.” “1 Samuel 17:46”
The story in Exodus 17:8-16 also shows us clearly that battles of life are beyond the physical. The Israelites prevailed against the Amalekites as long as Moses’ hands were raised in prayers and worship to the Almighty God.
When Moses’ hands became heavy, God provided help through Aaron and Hur to hold his hands up until the Amalekites were completely conquered. Moses returned all the glory of the victory to God by raising an altar and naming it Jehovah Nissi to acknowledge that the Lord is the Banner over Israel.
We need God to be the Banner over us if we are to overcome in the battles of life, for we wrestle against unseen forces (Ephesians 6:12). We must, therefore, put on the whole armour of God (Ephesians 6:13-18) as we cannot win the battles of life with our senses or physical weapons.
When King Saul wanted to introduce a physical weapon to David, he rejected it because he knew the battle was the Lords. David went instead in the name of the Lord with an ordinary sling in his hands because the name of the Lord is a strong tower (Proverbs 18:10).
I encourage you to take hold of the name of the Lord as from today and you will subdue every giant that comes against you. However, you must have a cordial relationship with Jehovah Nissi by submitting to His lordship and living holy (Matthew 5:48).
Prayer Point: – Open Heaven 6 December 2021
Father, I come against all the giants threatening my destiny and destroy them completely, in Jesus mighty name.
Open Heaven 6 December 2021 Hymn
HYMN: ROCK OF AGES CLEFT FOR ME
1. Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in Thee!
Let the water and the blood,
From Thy riven side which flowed,
Be of sin the double cure;
Cleanse me from its guilt and power.
2. Not the labours of my hands,
Can fulfill Thy law’s demands;
Could my zeal no respite know,
Could my tears for ever flow,
All for sin could not atone,
Thou must save and Thou alone.
3. Nothing in my hand I bring,
Simply to Thy cross I cling
Naked, come to Thee for dress,
Helpless, look to Thee for grace,
Foul, I to the fountain fly
Wash me, Saviour, or I die.
4. While I draw this fleeting breath,
When my eyelids close in death,
When I soar to worlds unknown,
See Thee on Thy judgement throne,
Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in Thee.