Open Heaven 7 July 2022 Memorise: So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God. Romans 14:12
Bible Reading: Revelations 2:1-7 Open Heaven 7 July 2022
1. Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks;
2. I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:
3. And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name’s sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted.
4. Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.
5. Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.
6. But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitanes, which I also hate.
7. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.
Open Heaven 7 July 2022
BIBLE IN YEAR: Psalms 99:1-9, Psalms 100:1-5, Psalms 101:1-8
Message: – Open Heaven 7 July 2022 Thursday Daily Devotional
The Bible reading for yesterday showed us how Jesus delegated some assignments to His disciples during His earthly ministry. The Bible reading for today, shows us that Jesus is still delegating responsibilities even now that He is seated at the right hand of the Father in Heaven. This time, He is getting the reports of the Pastors first hand and giving them the report of their performance so that they can improve in the work that He has given them to do.
Now, you as a leader must constantly assess those who you delegated duties to and give them a report of their performance. Tell them where they are doing well and where they need to improve. Make sure you give them this report in time before they go so far in doing the wrong thing to the point that all that would be left would be to suffer the consequences. In the Bible reading for today, Jesus made sure that He gave the angels of the Churches a report of their performance before the consequences showed up.
Whether they hearkened to His report or not is another thing, but He gave the report. As a delegate, when you don’t pay attention to the reports your superiors give you, you end up suffering the consequences. My advice for you is that you don’t even wait for them to give you a report of your performance; go to your superior and ask, Sir, how am I performing at the duties you gave me to do?
When the fellow then tells you your performance, you must make adjustments to ensure that you do more of what the report says you have been doing well and improve on what it says you have not been doing well.
That way, you can avoid any consequence that would have come if you did not get a report quickly enough. Beyond getting a report on what your delegates are doing, you also need a report from them on how you are doing too.
A leader must not be afraid to get reports from those that he or she is leading. You cannot see and understand the effect of all your actions and words, hence you need other people to give you a report on your own performance once in a while. If Jesus could ask His disciples for feedback on how people perceived Him (Matthew 16:13-15), you are not too big to ask for feedback from those you are leading.
Key Point – Open Heaven 7 July 2022
Ask your superior both in the office and Church to give you an objective report about your performance so far and also advice you on how to improve in your duties.
Open Heaven 7 July 2022 Thursday Hymn
HYMN: NOW THANK WE ALL OUR GOD
1. Now thank we all our God,
With hearts, and hands and voices;
Who wondrous things hath done,
In Whom His world rejoices;
Who, from our mother’s arms,
Hath bless’d us on our way
With countless gifts to love
And still is ours to-day.
2. O may this bounteous God
Through all our life be near us,
With ever-joyful hearts
And blessed peace to cheer us,
And keep us in His grace
And guide us when perplexed,
And free us from all ills
In this world and the next.
3. All praise and thanks to God
The Father now be given,
The Son, and Him who reigns
With them in the highest heaven
The One, Eternal God,
Whom earth and heaven adore;
For thus it was, is now,
And shall be evermore.