Open Heaven 1 February 2022 Memorise: And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. Revelation 21:3
READ: Revelation 21:1-27 Open Heaven 1 February 2022
1. And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5. And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
6. And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
7. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
8. But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
9. And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb’s wife.
10. And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
11. Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;
12. And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:
13. On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates.
14. And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
15. And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof.
16. And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal.
17. And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel.
18. And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass.
19. And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald:
20. The fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolyte; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst.
21. And the twelve gates were twelve pearls: every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.
22. And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.
23. And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
24. And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.
25. And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.
26. And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.
27. And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb’s book of life.
Open Heaven 1 February 2022
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Leviticus 5:1-19, Leviticus 6:1-30, Leviticus 71-38
Message: – Open Heaven 1 February 2022 Tuesday Daily Devotional
I thank God for bringing us into the second month of the year. I pray He will continue to keep us all to witness more months and years, in Jesus name. We must note, however, that no matter how long we live here on earth, we shall live longer in eternity – either in heaven or hell.
Heaven is wondrously blissful and hell is horrifyingly sorrowful. I encourage you today to choose to spend your eternity enjoying the blissful wonders of heaven. Today, we will consider a few of these wonders. The first is the wonder of heavens magnificence and beauty. According to the description in Revelation 21:16-23, the new Jerusalem – which is the main city, is so large that it has an approximated length of 2,250 kilometres and a corresponding breadth.
The city wall measures 16 feet in thickness! The foundations of the city wall were reinforced with precious jewels instead of stone and iron. These jewels include jasper, sapphire, agate, emerald, onyx, carnelian, chrysolite, beryl, topaz, chrysoprase, jacinth and amethyst.
The city wall is built with clear crystalline jasper, while the vast city itself, especially the streets, are made of pure gold, like transparent glass. Light from the sun or moon is not required in the heavenly city; there shall be no nighttime or any form of darkness because the overpowering radiance of Gods glory shines and glitters through the entire city, and the Lord Jesus shall be the light that illuminates the city (Revelation 21:23).
What a wonder it would be to behold! Another wonder is the spectacular reunions awaiting us all in heaven, which may be the most touching of all the wonders of heaven. The reunions of husbands and wives, parents and children, family members and loved ones long since separated on earth. Most importantly, it shall be a great wonder to meet old saints like Father Abraham, Moses, David, Esther, Mary, Peter, Paul, etc.
The glorious gathering of the saints in heaven cannot be compared to any earthly reunion – no matter how sweet. We must do everything within our power to ensure that we do not miss the wonders of heaven by any means. I will see you in heaven, in Jesus name.
PRAYER POINT: – Open Heaven 1 February 2022
Father, please count me worthy to witness the wonders of heaven, in Jesus name.
Open Heaven 1 February 2022 Tuesday Hymn
HYMN: DEEPER, DEEPER IN THE LOVE OF JESUS
1. Deeper, deeper in the love of Jesus
Daily let me go;
Higher, higher in the school of wisdom,
More of grace to know.
O deeper yet I pray,
And higher evry day,
And wiser, blessed, Lord,
In Thy precious, holy Word.
2. Deeper, deeper! blessed Holy Spirit,
Take me deeper still,
Till my life is wholly lost in Jesus,
And His perfect will.
3. Deeper, deeper! tho it cost hard trials,
Deeper let me go!
Rooted in the holy love of Jesus,
Let me fruitful grow.
4. Deeper, higher, evry day in Jesus,
Till all conflict past,
Finds me conquror, and in His own image
Perfected at last.