Open Heaven 12 November 2022 Memorize: Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth. 3 John 1:2
Bible Reading: Colossians 3:1-17 Open Heaven 12 November 2022
1. If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
2. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
3. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
4. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
5. Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
6. For which things’ sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
7. In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.
8. But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
9. Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
10. And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:
11. Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.
12. Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, long suffering;
13. Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.
14. And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.
15. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.
16. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
17, And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.
Open Heaven 12 November 2022
Bible Reading In One Year: John 12:1-50, John 13:1-38
MESSAGE: – Open Heaven 12 November 2022 Saturday Daily Devotional
When I got married, things were very tough for my family. I had a job, but I was just a teacher in a grammar school. In those days, my wife and I used to struggle over ponmo (cow skin). We would tell each other jokingly, That piece is too big, you can’t eat it alone; lets cut it into two.
Those days, I recall always reassuring her, My dear, don’t worry, things won’t continue like this. Thank God she believed me and we held on to God. I am standing as a representative of God to tell you today that things will get better for you, in Jesus name.
3 John 1-2 says: “Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.” I want you to take note that the statement in the Bible verse above was inspired by God to show His children that He indeed wishes above all things that they should prosper.
This should assure you completely that you will prosper. He, however, attached a condition to it. The condition is that your soul must be prospering too. How will your soul prosper? I have answered that question with the Bible reading for today.
You can read it again, this time around taking notes of the things that you should do for your soul to prosper. Believe me honestly, if you live your life in line with the word of God, you will indeed experience all round prosperity.
“And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God.” “Deuteronomy 28: 2”
Live holy (Genesis 17:1, be diligent (Proverbs 22:29), sow bountifully (2 Corinthians 9:6), pay your tithes (Malachi 3:10) and see if God will not prosper you. Blessings will indeed pursue and overtake you.
KEY POINT – Open Heaven 12 November 2022
God wants His children to have all-round prosperity.
Open Heaven 12 November 2022 Saturday Hymn
HYMN: WHEN UPON LIFE’S BILLOWS YOU ARE TEMPEST TOSSED
1 When upon life’s billows you are tempest tossed,
When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,
Count your many blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.
Count your blessings, name them one by one;
Count your blessings, see what God hath done;
Count your blessings, name them one by one;
Count your many blessings, see what God hath done.
2 Are you ever burdened with a load of care?
Does the cross seem heavy you are called to bear?
Count your many blessings, ev’ry doubt will fly,
And you will be singing as the days go by. [Refrain]
3 When you look at others with their lands and gold,
Think that Christ has promised you His wealth untold;
Count your many blessings, money cannot buy
Your reward in heaven, nor your home on high. [Refrain]
4 So, amid the conflict, whether great or small,
Do not be discouraged, God is over all;
Count your many blessings, angels will attend,
Help and comfort give you to your journey’s end. [Refrain]